[IPython-User] Integration of the notebook with Evernote?

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Wed Feb 29 15:13:19 CST 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 11:11 AM, Toby Burnett <tburnett@uw.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Maybe someone has some ideas for this. I keep all my physics  research notes
> in Evernote, which I really love.
>
> My mode for a long time has been to clip IPython-generated plots and paste
> them in, adding text and sometimes the plotting code.
>

> But now the notebook, which has changed my life, offers some things that
> Evernote does not, especially how easy it is to create a dynamic and
> coherent document. So I’d like an easy way to, say insert the print view, as
> a PDF perhaps, and copy the ipynb version for reference or later retrieval.
> The many steps that takes now is a disincentive.

We are planning to implement better pdf export (using rst/sphinx) as
well as standalone HTML export, but have not gotten to these yet.
But, in the meantime, it probably wouldn't be too difficult to write a
simple script that walks the notebook data (it is just JSON) and
exports the pieces you want in a way that you can bring into Evernote.

> --Toby Burnett.
>

> P.S. I’m very disappointed that Pycon conflicts with a trip I’m taking;
> otherwise I would have loved the opportunity to meet everyone and express my
> gratitude.

Brian E. Granger