[IPython-User] Integration of the notebook with Evernote?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Feb 29 15:57:59 CST 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 1:13 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 11:11 AM, Toby Burnett <tburnett@uw.edu> wrote:

> We are planning to implement better pdf export (using rst/sphinx) as
> well as standalone HTML export, but have not gotten to these yet.
> But, in the meantime, it probably wouldn't be too difficult to write a
> simple script that walks the notebook data (it is just JSON) and
> exports the pieces you want in a way that you can bring into Evernote.

Toby, if you want to take a crack at this, you can start from this
gist I wrote recently that has the basics:

https://gist.github.com/1569580

I hope to put some time into this very soon, though it may not happen
before pycon, with Strata/PyData/Pycon currently consuming all my
bandwidth.

>> P.S. I’m very disappointed that Pycon conflicts with a trip I’m taking;
>> otherwise I would have loved the opportunity to meet everyone and express my
>> gratitude.

Well, you should try to make it to SciPy, which is even closer to
science.  This is my first pycon ever b/c it's hard for me to justify
travel to a software-only conference, but most of us in the IPython
team try to make it regularly to SciPy, which is a very fun
conference.  Would love to meet you there.