[IPython-User] Notebook rename vs "save as"

Chris Currivan ccurrivan@gmail....
Wed Jan 4 14:01:09 CST 2012

I was surprised to discover that the save/rename function in the
notebook actually renames the notebook file instead of doing a "save
as". I understand wanting to rename the original Untitled* files, but
I think it will be fairly common to work on mynotebook and want to
play with mynotebook_test without losing the original or having to
back it up manually. Can the behavior be changed to add separate
rename and save-as buttons when the user edits the filename?

-Chris