[IPython-User] Dated logging on cookbook

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Jan 4 16:22:32 CST 2012

On 1/4/12 9:44 PM, Fernando Perez wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Chris Laumann
> <claumann@physics.harvard.edu>  wrote:
>> I just posted a cookbook entry to the wiki with a profile startup file that sets up automatic session logging to a dated file sorted into the log directory of your profile. It's a 0.12 update to some code that I found long ago for setting up automatic dated logs whenever you start an ipython session in a given profile.
>
> Great, thanks!  I remember seeing some code from R. Kern a while back
> along those lines, glad to have it updated to the new machinery.

I think that all of this information is now automatically contained in the
history thanks to @takluyver's improvements to HistoryManager. It's why I pushed
for some of those improvements. ;-)

--
Robert Kern