[IPython-User] Help troubleshooting notebook as public server

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Jan 6 17:26:58 CST 2012

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Michael Waskom <mwaskom@stanford.edu> wrote:
> Oh, sorry; I'm using Chrome 16 in both cases.

A few things to try, though I'm shooting in the dark here:

- a different client browser on your laptop.
- is it possible that the network you're on is filtering http traffic?
 You say your firewall is off, but is that also true in the server
(I'm not sure if you were referring to the client only)?

- try a simpler http server on the server:

python -m SimpleHTTPServer

and see if you can connect to it.  If this doesn't work, then there's
a network http traffic issue.

- try disabling ssl and running the notebook over plain http just for
a minute (you can still use a password, it's just that it will be sent
in plaintext).

Let us know how it goes...