[IPython-User] Javascript interaction with python objects in notebook

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Jan 8 14:34:14 CST 2012

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 12:26 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm, didn't know that.  It is probably that the <script> tag is run
> when the notebook is loaded, but that happens before the kernel has
> been created.

Yes, Min pointed out that was the case in the other thread on
ipython-dev.  We still don't know if there's a way we could protect
against that scenario in a more robust fashion... Right now if any
object has a _repr_html_ with JS that triggers an error, once the
notebook is saved it will wedge on reopen.  So this is a pretty
serious problem in fact...