[IPython-User] SAGE notebook vs iPython notebook

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Jan 8 18:42:05 CST 2012

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 2:18 PM, Oleg Mikulchenko <olmikul@gmail.com> wrote:
> Very comprehensive responce - appreciated it. I wish to have it before I
> have started my parallel evaluation of SAGE and iPython notebooks. SAGE
> system is greate for some users, for others (like me) iPython is the way to
> go and your responce prowide greate details why. I think only one item is
> missing in iPython notebook which is present in SAGE notebook - support of
> Cython with same level of easiness. Hopefully, we will see that feature
> sometime later.

Yes, that's certainly in the plans.

> I support an idea of having your responce as a blog.

Well, here goes then:
http://blog.fperez.org/2012/01/ipython-notebook-historical.html

Whew, that's why I never blog... A 'quick cleanup' of the email
basically took all day, but I hope it was worth it.  I updated many
parts, added links and screenshots and took Brian's feedback into
account.  I hope you find it useful.

best,