[IPython-User] Python 3 setup.py develop

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Mon Jan 9 04:53:52 CST 2012

On 9 January 2012 07:49, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thomas will give you a more authoritative answer, but think it's no:
> since setup.py has to run 2to3 before installing, there's no easy way
> to work directly from the source tree, which is what 'setup.py
> develop' allows.  So I don't see how it can work.

Well, I suppose you could manually run 2to3 over the source and then do it,
but you lose the ability to easily update from git, which rather defeats
the point. I've never used setup.py develop on any version of Python, so I
don't know much about it.

Thomas