[IPython-User] questions about latex rendering in ipython with sympy

Paul Ivanov pivanov314@gmail....
Tue Jan 10 15:49:38 CST 2012

Comer Duncan, on 2012-01-10 16:17,  wrote:
> Thanks for the info.  I have decided that there is a problem with my
> install of ipython .12.  I have a couple of days ago installed ipython .12.
>  It works as far as I can tell except for the sympy use.  That is, ipython
> notebook --profile=sympy  has a problem:
>
>  comerduncan% ipython notebook --profile=sympy
> [NotebookApp] Profile u'sympy' not found.

What does the following command result in for you (my output's included)

$ ipython profile list

Available profiles in IPython:
    sympy
    python3
    math
    pysh
    cluster

    The first request for a bundled profile will copy it
    into your IPython directory (/home/pi/.ipython),
    where you can customize it.

Available profiles in /home/pi/.ipython:
    default
    foo
    iptest

To use any of the above profiles, start IPython with:
    ipython --profile=<name>

best,
--
Paul Ivanov
314 address only used for lists,  off-list direct email at: