[IPython-User] questions about latex rendering in ipython with sympy

Comer Duncan comer.duncan@gmail....
Tue Jan 10 16:33:47 CST 2012

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried what you suggest.  Here is the output:

[homelap-3:~] comerduncan% ipython profile list

Available profiles in IPython:
    cluster
    math
    pysh
    python3
    sympy

    The first request for a bundled profile will copy it
    into your IPython directory (/Users/comerduncan/.config/ipython),
    where you can customize it.

Available profiles in /Users/comerduncan/.config/ipython:
    default
    iptest

To use any of the above profiles, start IPython with:
    ipython --profile=<name>

So, while sympy seems to be 'available' only default and iptest profiles
are listed as available. How to configure so that sympy (as well as the
others listed) will in fact be found?

Thanks for your help.

Comer