[IPython-User] questions about latex rendering in ipython with sympy

Paul Ivanov pivanov314@gmail....
Tue Jan 10 17:46:12 CST 2012

Thomas Kluyver, on 2012-01-10 22:37,  wrote:
> On 10 January 2012 22:33, Comer Duncan <comer.duncan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > So, while sympy seems to be 'available' only default and iptest profiles
> > are listed as available. How to configure so that sympy (as well as the
> > others listed) will in fact be found?
>
> The design is that all of those profiles are available - the second list
> represents the ones you've already used. I'm not sure why it's not seeing
> the sympy profile when you try to use it.

Actually, I want to confirm the original bug report. Starting the
notebook for a profile that doesn't exist for the user does not
create it.

$ rm -fr  ~/.ipython/profile_sympy/
$ ipython notebook --profile=sympy
[NotebookApp] Profile u'sympy' not found.

WORKAROUND:
$ ipython  --profile=sympy -c "print 1"
$ ipython notebook --profile=sympy

The first line just creates a copy of the profile for the user,
executes a print statement and exists terminal ipython. You'll
only have to do this once.

Whenever I try to solve these kinds of issues, either Min or
Thomas beat me to it, so I won't try to race'em this time ;)

best,
--
Paul Ivanov
314 address only used for lists,  off-list direct email at: