[IPython-User] websocket problem in remote html notebook with Mac OS X Safari

Aaron Meurer asmeurer@gmail....
Wed Jan 11 09:53:03 CST 2012

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 8:18 AM, Andrew Jaffe <a.h.jaffe@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/01/2012 14:07, Thomas Kluyver wrote:
>> On 9 January 2012 22:54, Andrew Jaffe <a.h.jaffe@gmail.com
>> <mailto:a.h.jaffe@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     I *can* attach to the server through the Chrome browser, but when I try
>>     to use Safari it fails.
>>

>> There seems to be a problem using Safari with secure websockets
>> (mentioned in https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/1212 ). So far,
>> we know that Firefox and Chrome work reliably.
>
> OK, as long as it's a known issue.
>
> But it would be great to get it working, especially on *MobileSafari*,
> which would then mean iPad access to iPython!
>
> Andrew

On a related note, a mobile version of the notebook would be awesome.
RIght now, it would be very annoying to use (if it even works at all;
I haven't tried it), because, for example, Shift-Enter is impossible
to type on a mobile device.

Aaron Meurer