[IPython-User] Questions regarding notebook

Thomas Wiecki thomas.wiecki@googlemail....
Thu Jan 12 06:37:10 CST 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12 January 2012 11:31, Thomas Wiecki <thomas.wiecki@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the help.
>>
>> I don't have any heart related options in ipython_config.py (created a
>> new nbserver profile). Any idea where I could find the name of those
>> options (quick googling didn't turn anything up) to add them manually?
>

> Sorry, try in ipython_notebook_config.py. The relevant lines look like this:
>
> # Kernel heartbeat interval in seconds.
> c.MappingKernelManager.time_to_dead = 3.0

Yup, I looked there too but then remembered that I overwrote it with
the example config from the ipython notebook tutorial. I recreated the
config and the parameter is there. I set the value to 120, which does
the trick, and will pray the kernel server never crashes ;).

Thanks!