[IPython-User] adding files to the notebook list

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Thu Jan 12 11:35:10 CST 2012

2012/1/12 Zoltán Vörös <zvoros@gmail.com>:
> Hi All,
>
> I have noticed that on linux, not all file managers work with the "Drag
> files" method when one wants to import ipython scripts in the
> htmlnotebook.

I am not what you mean by this.  Could you elaborate further.

> I was wondering whether, in order to circumvent similar
> issues, a file chooser could be added to the HTML interface, or it would
> entail serious security problems, and it was a conscious decision not to
> go down that path.

We would love to, but to implement a more traditional file chooser
would require using Flash, which we don't want to do at this point.
But this is something we are thinking about how we want to handle.

Cheers,

Brian

> Cheers,
> Zoltán