[IPython-User] adding files to the notebook list

Zoltán Vörös zvoros@gmail....
Thu Jan 12 13:05:22 CST 2012

>> I have noticed that on linux, not all file managers work with the "Drag
>> files" method when one wants to import ipython scripts in the
>> htmlnotebook.
> I am not what you mean by this.  Could you elaborate further.
I can pick a file in nautilus and then drag it to the list of ipython
notebooks, but e.g., PCManFM does not work. It might just be a problem
with PCMan, I don't know. In any case, I was only wondering whether
importing/opening notebooks could be detached from external software,
and handled in the frontend itself.
Cheers,
Zoltán