[IPython-User] adding files to the notebook list

Zoltán Vörös zvoros@gmail....
Thu Jan 12 15:44:06 CST 2012

On 01/12/2012 10:12 PM, Robert Kern wrote:
> Is there no way use an<input type="file">   field and accept a POST containing
> the file contents?
>> We can do that, but there is no way of styling the UI elements.  You
>> end up with a butt ugly interface.  There are a range of hacks out
>> there, but most sites end up using flash if they need file uploads.
> http://www.quirksmode.org/dom/inputfile.html
>
> How does that strike you?
This http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/file/dndfiles/ looked a bit
cleaner to me (implementation-wise), but I don't know whether the core
developers want to steer clear of HTML5. Any caveats there?
Zoltán