[IPython-User] adding files to the notebook list

Zoltán Vörös zvoros@gmail....
Thu Jan 12 15:55:16 CST 2012

On 01/12/2012 10:44 PM, Brian Granger wrote:
> 2012/1/12 Zoltán Vörös<zvoros@gmail.com>:
>> I am not sure why it should be ugly. All one would need is a button
>> "Open", or something like that, that pops up the system file chooser
>> dialogue. Something like this:
>> http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/file/dndfiles/
>> The first example doesn't even load anything, it simply writes a string
>> (the file name) into a field. The field is already there are the top of
>> the ipython frontend.
> I agree that it *shouldn't* be ugly, but it is.
I guess, then our criteria for ugliness are different. I don't think
that anything is wrong with the dashboard, but as several other people
pointed out, even if we accept that it is ugly, there are things that
could be useful, and wouldn't make the dashboard even uglier.
Cheers,
Zoltán