[IPython-User] Help troubleshooting notebook as public server

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Jan 13 00:50:47 CST 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 9:37 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg@gmail.com> wrote:
> Great, glad you were able to get this setup.  This is a usage case
> that I hadn't thought much about - namely it lets you keep the code
> where the data is and work on it from anywhere.  Very nice!

Yes, I think this is going to be extremely useful moving forward, in
contexts where it's simply unthinkable to move the data out, typically
due to sheer size but also perhaps for privacy/confidentiality
reasons.

I hope we get a chance to reorganize the saving code to avoid the
roundtripping issues with the current design; in a notebook with lots
of figures and a very asymmetric internet connection, the saves can
become prohibitively slow.  But we'll get to it...