[IPython-User] Getting a clean prompt without Ctrl-C

Nikolaus Rath Nikolaus@rath....
Fri Jan 13 18:51:31 CST 2012

Hello,

I have gotten into the habit of pressing Ctrl-C to get a clean prompt.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work if I have loaded a module that works
with subprocesses. For example, when the mlabwrap module is loaded,
pressing Ctrl-C kills the attached matlab process, because SIGINT is
send to every process of the ipython process group.

Is there a way to get a clean prompt using a different key combination
than Ctrl-C? Note that I don't want to interrupt any computations, I'm
talking about the case where I have lots of input in the prompt and want
to discard it all at once.

Best,

   -Nikolaus