[IPython-User] Getting a clean prompt without Ctrl-C

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Jan 13 21:09:16 CST 2012

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus@rath.org> wrote:
> Is there a way to get a clean prompt using a different key combination
> than Ctrl-C? Note that I don't want to interrupt any computations, I'm
> talking about the case where I have lots of input in the prompt and want
> to discard it all at once.

Well, there's always C-a, C-k: go to beginning of line, kill line.
That's actually what I use...

It may be possible to hook up something with the python readline
module and a readline configuration file (~/.inputrc), but you'd have
to check the readline docs for that, it's not something IPython
specific.