[IPython-User] Getting a clean prompt without Ctrl-C

Paul Ivanov pivanov314@gmail....
Sat Jan 14 01:05:29 CST 2012

Fernando Perez, on 2012-01-13 19:09,  wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus@rath.org> wrote:
> > Is there a way to get a clean prompt using a different key combination
> > than Ctrl-C? Note that I don't want to interrupt any computations, I'm
> > talking about the case where I have lots of input in the prompt and want
> > to discard it all at once.
>
> Well, there's always C-a, C-k: go to beginning of line, kill line.
> That's actually what I use...
>
> It may be possible to hook up something with the python readline
> module and a readline configuration file (~/.inputrc), but you'd have
> to check the readline docs for that, it's not something IPython
> specific.

Ctrl-U works under both emacs and vim modes for readline, and
Evan Patterson fulfilled my request that it be added to the QtConsole a
while back. It actually works in a lot of other places, too -
xchat, firefox and chrome inside location bar, as well as text
input boxes, etc.

best,
--
Paul Ivanov
314 address only used for lists,  off-list direct email at: