[IPython-User] matching bracket in ipython console

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Sat Jan 14 11:15:05 CST 2012

I do think this is something we want.  A few thoughts on it.

* Now is not the time.  The notebook is undergoing very rapid changes
to add new features and refactor large parts of the code.  This
includes a complete refactor of the keyboard handling code, which is
quite messy at the moment.  I don't want to add any additional code to
this part of the codebase until we have it in a cleaner state.
* CodeMirror already has a syntax parser that is running whenever you
type.  It *should* already be detecting parenthesis and we might be
able to tap into that to implement the feature.

Cheers,

Brian

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 12:41 AM, klo uo <klonuo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Do you think it would be useful, easy to implement etc, bracket matching for
> ipython terminal console, on live input?
> I have hard time sometimes to track number of brackets, although I usually
> first close brackets then write in it, but not always
>

> Cheers

Brian E. Granger