[IPython-User] matching bracket in ipython console

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sat Jan 14 13:53:55 CST 2012

Hey Brian

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg@gmail.com> wrote:
> * Now is not the time.  The notebook is undergoing very rapid changes
> to add new features and refactor large parts of the code.

Klonuo referred to the terminal console in his question (though
obviously your reply re. the notebook is a valid one) .  Kluono,
unfortunately in the console we have no way of doing this, as there's
no event handling at all.

If a curses console were developed, that could do paren matching (just
like emacs does in a terminal).  But in a plain readline-based
application, it can't be done.