[IPython-User] autosave in notebook

Zoltán Vörös zvoros@gmail....
Sun Jan 15 12:16:32 CST 2012

Hi All,

I am sorry for spamming the mailing list, but I happen to use the
notebook quite a lot at the moment, and during this I find myself facing
newer and newer questions. I try to find the answer, before posting the
problem here:)
Is there a way to set autosave on on the html notebook? I don't mean the
content of the cells, because that could be pulled out of the history
(at least, the inputs), but the notebook as a whole. I see that for
large notebooks with many images this might create a bottleneck, but if
the user was able to switch this off/on, that would be great.

I believe, one would only have to set up a timer in javascript, and call
the function that is invoked on Cntr-M-S. I could look into this, but I
don't know, whether there is already an effort under way.

Cheers,
Zoltán