[IPython-User] autosave in notebook

Sun Jan 15 14:57:59 CST 2012

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 12:49:47PM -0800, MinRK wrote:
> > Yes, which is why we are thinking about these things.  But
> > realistically, I have been using/developing the notebook for many
> > months (probably more than most), and I can't think of a single time
> > that my browser crashed leading to a loss of data.  That is not to say
> > it doesn't happen, but that the situation is not so severe that can't
> > take a little time to figure our a permanent solution.

> Intermittent network connections and traveling laptops (connected to
> non-local notebook) are probably more likely causes than crashing
> browsers.

Yes, and they are a reason why I personnally have a aversion to web-based
systems. I keep either loosing information with them, or, with Google
docs, being locked out of what I am working on. In my experience,
people's view on such technologies depend very much of their working
environment.

I do believe that loss of information when working on the notebook can be
a very relevent problems for certain user.

Gael