[IPython-User] Getting a clean prompt without Ctrl-C

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Jan 15 15:21:03 CST 2012

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 5:35 AM, Aaron Meurer <asmeurer@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What about making execute-on-enter an option in the notebook config?
>> Or a check-box in the notebook itself.
>>

> I second that request :)

We'll be happy to consider a pull request :)

More seriously, it's not trivial, because the notebook client is in
javascript and not python.  The qt console can work as it does by
relying on a piece of relatively complex python code we wrote, called
the inputsplitter.  This code detects whether lines are complete or
not for execution, by making extensive use of the python compiler.
Doing this analysis correctly in javascript amounts to writing a
python AST compiler in Javascript.  Not impossible, but most certainly
a task I'm not about to embark in any time soon...