[IPython-User] Building Ipython on OSX

Robert Love rblove_lists@comcast....
Mon Jan 16 22:09:10 CST 2012

Where is the best place to ask questions on building Ipython 0.12?  I've achieved the confusing state where if I launch python and type  "import matplotlib"  there are no problems but if I launch Ipython it fails to find matplotlib.  How are the paths different and what did I do wrong in my build of matplotlib or ipython?

Also, using easy_install for matplotlib install fails repeatedly.  It just times out.  I can easy_install everything else without having excessive delays or failures.