[IPython-User] Building Ipython on OSX

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Mon Jan 16 23:03:52 CST 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 20:09, Robert Love <rblove_lists@comcast.net> wrote:
> Where is the best place to ask questions on building Ipython 0.12?  I've achieved the confusing state where if I launch python and type  "import matplotlib"  there are no problems but if I launch Ipython it fails to find matplotlib.  How are the paths different and what did I do wrong in my build of matplotlib or ipython?

The paths for IPython should *not* be different, the most common cause
when this is seen is that one or more packages was installed against a
different Python than you are intending.

What Python are you using?

> Also, using easy_install for matplotlib install fails repeatedly.  It just times out.  I can easy_install everything else without having excessive delays or failures.

If you are using current system Python, you can use the Scipy
Superpack to get current IPython/numpy/scipy/matplotlib (or a subset
if you edit the script)

http://fonnesbeck.github.com/ScipySuperpack/