[IPython-User] Parallel question: Sending data directly between engines

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Tue Jan 17 00:34:42 CST 2012

I've written a minimal binary-tree connector that provides all-reduce
using PUSH/PULL sockets for the tree and PUB/SUB for the broadcast.
It's quite simple, and almost all the logic is in establishing the
connections in the first place, and is very similar to the existing
EngineConnector example, just with different socket types and
connection pattern (tree instead of all:all).

I'll post it after I've cleaned it up a bit.

I still think there's a more 'ØMQ-style' way to do this sort of thing,
especially when ordering need not be enforced.

-MinRK