[IPython-User] IPython Notebook: paste with middle mouse button

Angus McMorland amcmorl@gmail....
Wed Jan 18 08:43:24 CST 2012

On 18 January 2012 06:43, Thomas Hisch <t.hisch@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any reason why pasting from the clipboard with the
> middle-click does not work in the notebook, or is it a 'bug'?

It sort-of works, although it's definitely finiticky. After selecting
your text, try left-clicking in another output region of the notebook,
to get the focus into the editing portion of the window, before middle
clicking in the cell you want. I've had moderate success with this
method, thanks to a tip from Brian Granger (see this [1] recent thread
on his g+ page about Copy/Paste functionality).

Angus

[1] https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/110706953761515533762/albums/posts/5696952970478184898
--
AJC McMorland