[IPython-User] Canncial way to do web based ipython shell?

Anthony Oliver anthony@ingenuitas....
Tue Jan 17 15:45:17 CST 2012

Is there a correct way to just build the shell that could work within a
browser, or an example somewhere?

I basically want the functionality of the notebook.  My problem with using
notebooks is that we are currently using ipython as an embedded shell which
is awesome. But we want to extend it through a web interface, the notebook
method is perfectly fine, except in our application, the current running
program is always in context, so you can think of it as only ever needing
one notebook.

I started diving into the notebook app itself, it appears much of the
javascript is also looking for things (for instance I tried to override the
handlers for the paths so the same thing is always served).  I can continue
on my path, but I would imagine there maybe a more stripped down example
floating around some where.

Thanks.

Anthony Oliver
Chief Technology Officer