[IPython-User] ipython 0.12 + wx

Robert Cimrman cimrman3@ntc.zcu...
Wed Jan 18 15:20:45 CST 2012

... resent to the list.
r.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [IPython-User] ipython 0.12 + wx
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 22:11:26 +0100
From: Robert Cimrman <cimrman3@ntc.zcu.cz>
To: Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com>

Hi Thomas,

On 01/18/2012 09:18 PM, Thomas Kluyver wrote:
> On 18 January 2012 19:20, Robert Cimrman<cimrman3@ntc.zcu.cz>  wrote:
>
>> On 01/18/2012 11:53 AM, Robert Cimrman wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I am updating isfepy ipython-based console for ipython 0.12. I am
>> looking at
>>> isympy, so it go pretty well, except one problem: I use Mayavi with wx
>> backend,
>>> and for that I have used the following code snippet to run IPShellWX:
>>>
>>> if is_wx:
>>>        from IPython.Shell import IPShellWX
>>>        ip = IPShellWX(argv)
>>
>> ... and this now does not work with ipython 0.10.2, as I started using
>> ip.runsource() and ip.interact. Any hint how to use those features with
>> wx threading in both 0.10.2 and 0.12 would be appreciated.
>>

> You can have a look at the example for integrating with a Wx GUI here:
> https://github.com/ipython/ipython/blob/master/docs/examples/lib/gui-wx.py
>
> But it says that it's currently broken, referring to this bug:
> https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/645

I think my needs are simpler - essentially, isfepy is a regular
terminal-based ipython shell with some customized imports and welcome
message - no need for GUI or embedding. The only reason why wx threading
is needed is that without it mayavi windows block the shell. (The code
can be found at [1], _init_ipython_session() function is now broken for
is_wx == True.)

Best regards,
r.
[1]