[IPython-User] ipython 0.12 + wx

Robert Cimrman cimrman3@ntc.zcu...
Thu Jan 19 04:00:58 CST 2012

On 01/18/12 22:51, Thomas Kluyver wrote:
> On 18 January 2012 21:38, Robert Cimrman<cimrman3@ntc.zcu.cz>  wrote:
>
>> Any idea how to make the same thing in 0.10.x after the following line?
>

> I can't help you there. The docs for 0.10.x don't seem to have an example:
> http://ipython.org/ipython-doc/rel-0.10.2/html/interactive/reference.html#threading-support
>
> Someone else on the list might know more.

I have solved the problem by combining previous code working with 0.10.2 with
the new one. A few 'if' statements did the job. The key change, instead of
calling ip.runsource(), was to setup the namespace during the wx shell creation:

user_ns = {}
exec source in user_ns
ip = IPShellWX(argv, user_ns=user_ns)

Thanks!