[IPython-User] make the QtConsole a bit longer? changing inline from inside IPython?

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Thu Jan 19 10:29:02 CST 2012

On 19 January 2012 14:58, Mark Bakker <markbak@gmail.com> wrote:

> Regarding your second answer, if I start the QtConsole with --pylab=inline
> (which is what the convenient icon does that comes with the Enthought
> distribution), and in the config file I want figures not to be inline
> (which is what I really want), which one takes precedent? Can I force
> IPython to do whatever is in the config file?

I believe command line config takes precedence over config specified in a
file. Can you edit the shortcut that EPD provides, so that it uses
--pylab=auto ?

Thomas