[IPython-User] make the QtConsole a bit longer? changing inline from inside IPython?

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Thu Jan 19 14:41:23 CST 2012

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 03:32, Mark Bakker <markbak@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello IpythonList,
>
> I really like the QtConsole, but have two questions:
>
> 1. Can a blank line be inserted at the bottom of the console as was standard
> in the old IPython console? The way it is right now is that the cursor sits
> at the bottom of the console most of my session which is ugly and difficult
> to work with. I know, this is only a minor feature request, but boy would it
> look a lot better.
>
> 2. Are there plans to turn the 'inline' figures on/off from inside the
> QtConsole rather than as a launch option? Or better yet, an IPython default
> parameter that can be set in the config file? Right now I need separate
> startup scripts for inline or not-inline.

The way I handle this right now is that I never start the qtconsole in
pylab mode, and use `%pylab inline` to turn on inline figures.  Then,
if I want a new session with non-inline figures or no pylab at all, I
can just restart the kernel or open a new tab, and do `%pylab` again
as appropriate.

-MinRK