[IPython-User] .ipython not created

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Jan 19 18:31:36 CST 2012

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Alan Bromborsky <abrombo@verizon.net> wrote:
> I am running ipython 0.13dev on ubuntu 11.04 64 bit(amd) and ubuntu
> 11.04 32 bit(intel atom).  I use the same git clone for both.  On the 64
> bit system the .ipython directory is generated and on the other system
> it is not.  Without .ipython my custom ipython_config.py has no effect
> even if I modify ipython/IPython/config/profile/sympy/ ipython_config.py
> run setup.py install and setupegg.py install again after modification.
> ipython only seems to pay attention to the ipython_config.py that is in
> .ipython.

Note that now, on linux we follow the freedesktop XDG specification,
and the ipython directory is created in ~/.config/ipytyhon.  We still
*use* ~/.ipython if it previously exists, but if creating it anew it
will go to ~/.config/ipython.  Look there to see if it is, and if not
let us know as that would be indeed a bug.