[IPython-User] customizing prompt

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Fri Jan 20 05:59:31 CST 2012

Hi Hugo,

On 20 January 2012 11:11, Hugo Ahlenius <fraxinus@oxel.net> wrote:

> Where can I find information on what strings like \u \D \# are available
> for
> the prompt? I am asking - since the prompt gets wonky, likely due to
> windows
> paths, after a cd... (if there is an alternative way to do \u)

Someone has helpfully written a list here:
http://wiki.ipython.org/Cookbook/Dynamic_Prompt (scroll down the page). I
don't think the longer alternatives are any more reliable, though - the
short forms are just replaced with the long forms when the template is
prepared.

How have you configured your prompt, and what are you seeing when it goes
wonky?

Best wishes,
Thomas