[IPython-User] Canncial way to do web based ipython shell?

Anthony Oliver anthony@ingenuitas....
Thu Jan 19 13:30:45 CST 2012

Brian,

No this helps a lot.  I want the functionality and have looked at a lot of
other apps but we have been using ipython before the notebook
implementation and feel it's way better than anything else out there.  I
spent some more time yesterday poking around the code.  I think I can pull
out what I don't want from it.  In reality I basically want all the same
functionality as the notebook, I'm even fine with keeping a history, etc.
 Basically I think I just need to tell it to use the same kernel every time
instead of firing up another instance.  Does this sound correct? Or would
the better way be to start a new kernel instance and kill any old ones
saved?

I guess the TL;DR is I want a singleton instance of a notebook. ;-)
The way it sounds it isn't possible with the way it's designed.  We are
currently using cherrypy, not sure what it would take to port over to this,
but we can use tornado if that is a big staple as well.

p.s. Thanks to the ipython team for all your work, anytime I jump on a
system without ipython now it makes me a sad panda.

Anthony Oliver
Chief Technology Officer
http://www.ingenuitas.com
(906) 289-8169