[IPython-User] Getting a clean prompt without Ctrl-C

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Fri Jan 20 12:35:31 CST 2012

I agree that we have a problem on the mobile side of things.  A few options:

* We can add a UI element (a button) that triggers cell execution.
* We could try to tap into the touch/gesture related events to trigger
code execution.

In the medium term we plan on implementing a fully enabled mobile
version using jQuery mobile.  It will be a blast to do that, but we
need to get the regular version to a more solid point  - we are still
getting the abstractions and architecture right - before embarking on
the mobile stuff.

Another point - the handling of Enter and Shift-Enter is quite subtle
and it is not a simple task to "just swap them".  It would add a
significant amount of complexity to an already complex part of the
code base.  I just don't think it is the right solution to this
problem.

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 9:17 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 9:04 PM, MinRK <benjaminrk@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just as we have shift-enter to execute and enter for newline, you can
>> have shift-enter for newline, and enter to submit.  I think the
>> proposal here is optional reversal of the pair.
>
> Ah, I thought this was in the context of the iphone, where only Enter
> can be used, and so you'd need to constantly toggle back and forth the
> two.  Thanks for the clarification.

Brian E. Granger