[IPython-User] autoscrolling in html notebook

A. Flaxman abie@uw....
Sat Jan 21 11:28:57 CST 2012

Hello Ipythonistas,

I want to thank you for your amazing work, and add my voice to support making scrolling smarter.  My use case is running a long computation with intermediate output that scrolls off the bottom of my browser.  It would be wonderful if the browser moved to show the bottom of cell containing active output.

--Abie

-----Original Message-----
From: ipython-user-bounces@scipy.org [mailto:ipython-user-bounces@scipy.org] On Behalf Of Zoltán Vörös
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 1:53 PM
To: IPython User list
Subject: [IPython-User] autoscrolling in html notebook

Hi All,

I was just wondering whether there is a trick to scroll to the bottom of the page in the html notebook. What I mean is the following: suppose that I have some code that produces a plot. The plot might very well be bigger than the screen. If I run the code, what happens is that the cursor jumps to the next cell, but that cell will be below the bottom of the browser. So, in effect, I don't see the cursor, nor the plot just created. Is there a way to make the browser scroll to the proper position? By the way, this happens in the opposite direction, too, namely, if I move up with the cursor pressing the "Up" arrow diligently, when I get to the first, cell, the browser does not move any more, even if the cursor is above the top of the visible field Cheers, Zoltán