[IPython-User] autoscrolling in html notebook

Zoltán Vörös zvoros@gmail....
Sun Jan 22 16:19:48 CST 2012

Hi Brian,

Here is a (stupid) example

In [1]: def foo():
     """ stupid docstring
stupid docstring
stupid docstring
stupid docstring
stupid docstring
stupid docstring
stupid docstring
stupid docstring
stupid docstring
stupid docstring
stupid docstring
stupid docstring
stupid docstring
stupid docstring
stupid docstring
stupid docstring
stupid docstring
stupid docstring
stupid docstring
stupid docstring
"""
         for i in range(50):
             print i

In[2]: foo()

In[3]: foo()

Now, at this point, the active cell is the fourth input. If I keep
pressing the up arrow, I get to the first cell, and the browser scrolls,
but not to the very top. I don't see the first line (def foo():), even
if the cursor is there. The browser stops scrolling at that point. Here
is a screen shot after the browser stopped scrolling.

You can see that there is a small gap on the right hand side, where the
scroller is. I think that you'll also realise that this is not the
development version, but I have tested it there, too, with the same
results.
I don't know, it might be the browser, which is firefox 9.0, but I have
no idea.
> Are you asking for logic that does:
>
> if cell 0 selected:
>    scroll_to_top
> if cell -1 selected:
>    scroll to bottom
>
> I think I could add that but I would like to understand the problem a
> bit better first.
I think this would be cool, but perhaps others should add their voice to
this. Others might want it otherwise.
And I hope you didn't get me wrong: the notebook *is* fantastic, and
this is really just a small nuance I can live with, but I believe that
if this is something easy to fix, then it would be even better.
Cheers,
Zoltán