[IPython-User] autoscrolling in html notebook

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Jan 22 17:06:38 CST 2012

2012/1/22 Zoltán Vörös <zvoros@gmail.com>:
> I guess you have to decide what is more important, the top, or the bottom of
> the last cell. And I believe, it really depends on the situation, so
> whatever you pick will satisfy some, and dissatisfy the others.

Yes, part of what makes this so hard is that it requires, to really do it right:

- a mind-reader to know really what the user wants
- a time-travel machine to know how large future output will be to
position things accordingly when the user executes.

Unfortunately, we're in short supply of both of these right now...

> - type type type...
> - Want to scroll up or down? Esc.
> - page up....
> - read what I need
> - page down...
> - Enter
> - back to editing.
>
> This would be fast and fluid, and would not require the mouse at all.
>
> If the mouse could be disposed of, that would be awesome.

I hadn't thought of Esc for this, but I think it can work... We'll
need to give it a try, and if the above workflow is indeed possible,
it would be great.