[IPython-User] duplicated logging messages

David Warde-Farley wardefar@iro.umontreal...
Mon Jan 23 07:40:44 CST 2012

On 2012-01-20, at 1:30 PM, Ruby Stevenson wrote:

> hi, Thomas
>
> upon further look, it seems the dup messages only shows up and I
> issues multiple %run command ... as the cycle of run, modify, run goes
>
> Is there anyway I can start from a clean slate short of restart
> ipython all together?

Once your script acquires the logger object, you need to remove all the excess handlers from logger.handlers. logging.getLogger is handing you back the same object each time, and you are probably adding handlers to it -- either check to see if handlers already exist in the logging.handlers list, or do something like while len(logger.handlers()) > 0: logger.pop() before doing your custom setup.

David