[IPython-User] equation numbering in ipython 0.12

Paul Ivanov pivanov314@gmail....
Mon Jan 23 15:33:00 CST 2012

Comer Duncan, on 2012-01-23 15:25,  wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on a notebook and have found that the equations I put in
> markup cells are beginning to increase in number where it would be
> useful to have them rendered (mathjax) with equation numbered
> sequentially.  Does anyone know how to do this by modifying mathjax
> somewhere or by some other means?

Here's a relevant pointer:

https://github.com/mathjax/MathJax/issues/71

  There are new configuration parameters (see the
  config/defaults.js file) that control the equation numbering. In
  particular, The TeX.equationNumbers.autoNumber configuration
  parameter controls how MathJax handles automatic numbering. By
  default, no automatic numbering is done (so the default is the
  same as the current MathJax behavior). But you can set

  MathJax.Hub.Config({
    TeX: {
       equationNumbers: {  autoNumber: "AMS"  },
       extensions: ["AMSmath.js"]
    }
  });

  to get numbering for the AMS environments (equation, align,
  gather, multline, etc.), with the starred environments
  suppressing the numbers

best,
--
Paul Ivanov
314 address only used for lists,  off-list direct email at: