[IPython-User] autoscrolling in html notebook

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Mon Jan 23 20:50:23 CST 2012

2012/1/23 Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com>:
> 2012/1/23 Brian Granger <ellisonbg@gmail.com>:
>> I work *very* hard to try and make sure that focusing the cell
>> *always* focuses the CM editor.  I explicitely trigger a focus on the
>> CM editor (keyboard focus) when a cell comes into focus.  This is why
>> a selected cell is always ready to type into.  I will keep this in
>> mind, but I think it would be very difficult to keep cells ready to
>> type into while allowing them to lose focus.
>
> But all I'm suggesting is making Esc produce the same action that
> clicking on the cell outline produces, that's all.  That action
> *already exists*, I just want to be able to do it with the keyboard
> instead of the mouse.

I am not quite sure what you mean by clicking on the outline of a
cell.  There is a glitch/bug that shows up sometimes where a cell will
remains selected (grey outline) but the editor will lose keyboard
focus.  On the Mac this shows up when the cell gets a blue highlight
outline.  I consider this to be a bug and am in the process of
tracking it down.  Code cells should never lose keyboard focus while
the grey box is present.  Is this what you are talking about?

> Cheers,

Brian E. Granger