[IPython-User] [IPython-dev] embedding ipython

Piotr Zolnierczuk piotr.zolnierczuk@gmail....
Tue Jan 24 08:57:20 CST 2012

OK Thanks.

I knew about the example.
My main "problem" is that I wish there were an easy way just to drop and
configure a ipython console into an app.  I am quite confused with kernels,
kernel managers, base console, ipshell embed, and all that jazz. I realize
I may not be the  "main stream" user.

Piotr

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 9:53 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 5:45 PM, Piotr <piotr.zolnierczuk@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I managed to embed IPythonWidget but
> > a) pylab initializes to Tk (and I need pylab.show() for pop-up)
>
> If you look at the internal_ipkernel example that Charlie mentioned
> above, it shows you one way to start the kernel with pylab support
> (and you can control which GUI backend you want).
>
> > b) the font is tiny (I can always use Ctrl-+) but that's annoying
>
> That, I don't know; sorry.  My Qt-fu is very, very limited.
>
> Cheers,

Piotr Adam Zolnierczuk
e-mail: piotr@zolnierczuk.net
www:   http://www.zolnierczuk.net