[IPython-User] making notebook aware of environmental variables

Zoltán Vörös zvoros@gmail....
Thu Jan 26 16:10:50 CST 2012

Hi All,

I wanted to do some coding on pycuda, but I cannot make it work on the
notebook. The problem seems to be that I have to set

PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/cuda/bin
export PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda/lib64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

on the command line. If I run ipython in the old console, the cuda code
runs properly, but in the notebook I always get an error related to the
missing path. My question is whether there is a way to make the notebook
aware of this export. I have tried !export, but to no avail.
Cheers,
Zoltán