[IPython-User] making notebook aware of environmental variables

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Thu Jan 26 16:12:30 CST 2012

This is a good question - I would think that the kernel should respect
existing environment vars, but we may have to add something for that.
You should probably open an issue for that.

Brian

2012/1/26 Zoltán Vörös <zvoros@gmail.com>:
> Hi All,
>
> I wanted to do some coding on pycuda, but I cannot make it work on the
> notebook. The problem seems to be that I have to set
>
> PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/cuda/bin
> export PATH
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda/lib64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> on the command line. If I run ipython in the old console, the cuda code runs
> properly, but in the notebook I always get an error related to the missing
> path. My question is whether there is a way to make the notebook aware of
> this export. I have tried !export, but to no avail.
> Cheers,
> Zoltán

Brian E. Granger