[IPython-User] making notebook aware of environmental variables

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Jan 26 18:59:25 CST 2012

2012/1/26 Zoltán Vörös <zvoros@gmail.com>:

> Even if I explicitly issue
>
> os.system('export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda/lib64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH')
> or
> os.putenv('LD_LIBRARY_PATH','/usr/local/cuda/lib64')
>
> in the notebook, that doesn't change the situation.
>
> Given this, should I just open an issue?

Hold on, let's try to figure out what's going on in your system,
because it's kind of odd.  In the notebook, I see my env. variables
perfectly fine.

In what exact file are you setting your environment variables?  And
what OS are you using?