[IPython-User] making notebook aware of environmental variables

Zoltán Vörös zvoros@gmail....
Fri Jan 27 02:59:23 CST 2012

Hi All,

I think the problem is somewhere else, not in ipython. I have a script
that just opens ipython in a browser, and this works now, if I run it
from the command line, but when I put this into the menus, it fails for
some reason. It opens ipython as usual, but the environmental variables
are wrong. If I put the export statements into this script, then ipython
is working OK, and knows about the variables. So, I think we can regard
the problem as solved.
I am sorry for all this hassle, I just really didn't know where the
error was. Many thanks for the help!
Cheers,
Zoltán